- Fought for the creation and expansion of the Veterans Welcome Home Bonus Bill and the Massachusetts Military Family Relief Fund, helping to make Massachusetts one of the National leaders in Veterans Services.
- Fought to establish tuition and fee waivers for Massachuetts National Guard members and the children of fallen soldiers and immediate family members.
- Fought for property tax relief for veterans and surviving spouses who were active on or after 9/11/01 by supporting the adoption of the MERITs bill.
- Authored and fought for legislation that lowers the cost of insurance for veterans, by allowing them to take advantage of group insurance discounts;
- Fought to give veteran-owned business the same benefits that are afforded to minority-owned businesses.
- Authored and fought for legislation designating bridges in the honor of fallen soldiers in the First Plymouth and Bristol District.
- Fought to ensure funding for the Middleboro Veterans Outreach Center
- Received the Massachusetts National Guard “Legislator of the Year” Award.